This is a group for 35mm film photography AND small format DSLR photography. Read on for details...
How to Submit:
You can either click on your name on the main page of 35mmPhotography or you can go into our gallery and click on the "+"
Now you can submit something right from your deviation page! Below the image of your art, there is a link on the right for you to submit the work to a group. It's easy!
- MUST be shot on either a 35mm film camera or a digital camera with a sensor larger than 17x13mm (4/3 System).
- No submission can be from a digital camera with a sensor smaller than 17x13mm. This means nothing from a digital point and shoot.
- Submissions can be from a FILM point and shoot just as long as the film is 35mm.
- If you want to submit something from a format larger than 35mm, head on over to medium-large
- You can submit photography that you didn't personally take (ie- models, vintage, etc), but the original artist or the source of the image MUST be in the deviation info. Copyright laws cannot be broken here. If the images are not "public domain" they will be rejected.
- If there isn't EXIF data, you must put what gear you used in the deviation.
- All submissions MUST be 400px on the smallest size.
- Manipulations are fine so long as it's the correct medium.
- HDRs/ Photographic Composites are welcome as long as they are the correct format
- Manipulations can come from either an Analog Darkroom or Digital Darkroom and can alter the reality of the image.
-Images from a Holga/ Diana/ Etc that used 35mm film are allowed.
How Submissions are Chosen and a Little About Conduct:
There's a founder (cPaos), a co-founder (me, Betweenshades) and a two "Contributors" (eyeballman and AlexandraB24) who will judge the work. Right now there's a vote of 2 needed for acceptance.
We look at execution, use of medium and if it "speaks to me" for the most part. We're fairly broad about our photographic tastes, though
If we don't accept something, don't be offended. Just ask why and we'll try to add a comment as to why we declined it.
If you flip out on one of us because we declined your work, we will kick you out. Personally, I admin 2 other groups, have a full time job and would eventually like to photograph more things, myself. I *don't* have the time or patience for tantrums.
GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT
- As stated at the top, only one submission per day.
- Be polite
- Only submit a deviation once unless told to do otherwise by me.
- Don't abuse other members.
- Keep watermarking to a low roar. Obviously, there's a problem with image stealing, but, please, no contact info or anything like that.
- Gallery Submissions can only be from your gallery.
THE STAFF AND MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
Right now, when you apply, you'll be a member automatically. If your work is exceptional and we feel you'll be an asset as an admin, you'll get an invite to be a Contributor.
Here's how things break down:
Members: Can submit art and suggest faves. Both require 2 votes to be approved.
Contributors: Can submit art and faves without votes. Can submit blogs with one vote for approval. Can vote on submissions and send invites!
Founder/ Co-Founder- We can do it all. But, we don't do windows.